Chicago Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
When your elderly family member is entrusted to the care of a licensed nursing facility or nursing home, you have every right to expect high standards of health care, nourishment, and safety. When your loved one suffers injuries as a result of nursing home neglect or abuse, you need experienced legal counsel to protect his or her rights, ensure that he or she is properly treated, and get full and fair compensation for any injuries.
Klest Injury Law Firm, with offices in Chicago and Schaumburg, Illinois, represents nursing home injury victims throughout the Chicago metropolitan area, including Cook County, Lake County, DuPage County, and Will County.
If you believe the nursing home violated your trust, contact Klest Injury Law Firm.
Securing Compensation for Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Unable to care for themselves, nursing home residents and patients depend on a staff of caring professionals. When the negligence of a nurse, doctor or health aide results in the injury or death of a loved one, you need to hold the nursing home staff and owners accountable.
- Nursing home abuse - We represent families who are dealing with the emotional abuse, physical abuse, or sexual assault of family members in nursing homes.
- Nursing home neglect - Common signs of nursing home negligence include bedsores (trophic ulcers, decubitus ulcers, pressure sores) and malnutrition/dehydration. Inadequate supervision may allow the elopement of a disoriented resident alone into a dangerous community.
What you should do if your loved one was injured in a nursing home:
- Contact personal injury lawyer Joseph Klest
- Document your family member's injuries and the incident
- Speak with the doctors and nurses in charge
You need to understand your loved one's situation and know how to spot the signs of nursing home abuse and symptoms of common injuries. You need to proactively deal with problems that may arise. Incidents in nursing homes are challenging to deal with, and sometimes it is difficult to determine what actually occurred.
If you suspect that a family member has been a victim of nursing home abuse or eglect in the greater Chicago metropolitan area, contact attorney Joseph Klest for a free initial consultation.