Follow These Important Steps After A Serious Trucking Accident
A trucking accident is devastating and often involves very serious injuries. In the aftermath, you will have many questions. If you are wondering "What should I do after a trucking accident?," follow the steps below. This is a general overview, so you should contact us as soon as you can so we can offer you customized guidance. Your initial consultation is free, so don't wait to contact us!
Steps To Take After A Semi Truck Accident
- First, say as a little as possible. By saying too much, you may jeopardize your ultimate chances of recovery. We recommend that you never apologize, admit fault, blame the other driver or admit you did something careless.
- Call the police. It is important to have a police report that documents the accident. This report is vital proof in your case. Additionally, you may be charged with a crime if you leave the scene of an accident before the police arrive.
- Seek medical attention. You must get medical care for the injuries you suffered. This is also an important way for you to document your injuries for trial.
- Contact your insurance company. Following a trucking accident, you must also file a claim with your insurance provider. You can find out how to file a claim by examining your insurance policy.
- Contact a lawyer. It is crucial to the success of your case to contact us immediately after your accident. Important evidence may need to be preserved and protected by court order. Even if you are unsure about your case, you should set up a free case evaluation with us. The trucking company's insurance carrier will send lawyers and investigators into action as quickly as it can, so you need your own legal team fighting for you right now.
About Our Firm
Klest Injury Law Firm has served injured clients for more than 30 years. Our goal is to get you the money you need to cope with your injuries and make as full a recovery as possible. With offices in Schaumburg and Chicago, we serve clients throughout Illinois and nationwide. We offer a free initial consultation for people injured in trucking accidents, and we charge an attorney fee only if we successfully recover compensation for you.